Before I knew it, lunchtime had rolled around. As I described on my post introducing this series, for lunch I planned a simple turkey sandwich and a piece of fruit.
What a tasty sandwich it was! I might add pickles to it when I make it for a workday lunch.
Not to leave the fruit out of the picture, here’s what a cross-section of the sandwich looks like with a small banana.
For what it’s worth, I used my scale to portion the sliced turkey and the cheese. Two ounces of sliced turkey was four slices. One ounce of cheese was considerably more than I expected it to be. Since my morning snack was so big, I might consider bumping the popcorn or the carrot sticks up to lunch.
What’s for lunch?
- Lunch Bunch (massageenvy.com)
- Brown Bag Makeover (massageenvy.com)
- Brown Bag Special (purefitbody.com)
- Packing a Simple Lunch: Why my kids’ lunch isn’t fancy | Babble (babble.com)
- Nutrition Tips: Lunch Time (thegoodwolfmanifesto.com)