I’m not sure what it is about 10:00 AM, but when I’m in the office at that time, my stomach growls. My dietitian and I have planned several snacks into my day, and the first comes at 10. Here’s the plan:
I’ve already experimented with making making microwave popcorn using only popcorn kernels and a paper bag. It works wonderfully! The remainder of this snack involves portioning peanut butter. How easy and transportable? Since I was home, I actually cut up big carrots and sliced an apple. I love using these silicone cupcake molds to hold and carry portioned foods like peanut butter. I got the idea from my bento buddies.
That’s a ton of food for a snack! It felt like I had just finished breakfast when snack time rolled around. We’ll know in a week or so how accurate the unpronounceable formula is. If everything goes to plan, I should lose two pounds next week.
What’s your favorite healthy snack?
- My favorite grab-n-go snacks (myholihealth.com)
- Broccoli-Tofu Stir-Fry (needlesspounds.com)
- My Kitchen: My Mid-Morning Snack (Chocolate Peanut Butter Blueberry Smoothie) (faithfulprovisions.com)
- Healthy Road Trip Snacks (dollar.com)
- Do You Know Nutrition: Prepare popcorn the old-fashioned way (victoriaadvocate.com)
- Flying This Holiday Season? Avoid Airport Food With These 100-Calorie Snacks (self.com)
- Microwave Popcorn in a Bowl and Plate to Reduce Unpopped Kernels (lifehacker.com)
- Popcorn: A Superhero Snack (fit4liferbm.com)