During our week 12 maintenance class pot luck, I got to taste a variety of excellent, healthy dishes prepared by my classmates. I’ve asked the class for permission to share their recipes with you, and several responded positively. Kirstin brought Pumpkin Carrot Muffins, a recipe she modified from an inherited family recipe.
1/3 c. Splenda Brown Sugar Blend
1/4 c. Unsweetened Applesauce
2 Egg Whites
1/2 c. Pumpkin Puree
1/2 c. Grated Carrot
1/3 c. Whole Wheat Flour
1/3 c. All-Purpose Flour
3/4 tsp. Baking Powder
1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
1/2 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Beat together first five ingredients.
- In another bowl, combine flours, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon.
- Stir flour mixture into pumpkin mixture.
- Grease muffin tins or line with liners.
- Spoon batter into each cup.
- Bake 10-15 minutes, until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Yield: 12 Servings
- Calories 56
- Fat 0.2g
- Protein 1.8g
- Carbohydrates 12.4g
- Fiber 1g
- Sodium 94.3mg
These muffins are delicious, and certainly worth a try!
- Sugar-Free Carrot Muffins (honestfoodie.wordpress.com)
- Everything But The Kitchen Sink Healthy Muffin Recipe (familyfocusblog.com)
- Carrot muffins (Recipe recommended for children older than one year) (foodsforbabys.wordpress.com)
- 50 Fabulous Carrot Recipes (wisebread.com)