If you simply must have a little meat, try these tasty mini turkey cheese puffs. I recommend using
Oscar Mayer Deli Fresh Smoked Shaved 98% Fat Free Turkey. As with any recipe that includes luncheon meat, do be cautious of the sodium content.
- 1 pouch Health One Meal Replacement Potato
- 1/8 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1 T. Egg Beaters
- 3 T. Water
- 2 slices Turkey Lunch Meat
- 1 slice Fat-Free Cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Spray 10 cups of a mini muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Take one slice of lunch meat and spread the chese on it as evenly as possible. Top it with the other slice of thrkey. Cut this into 10 slices.
- Mix batter up in a small bowl and spoon into prepared muffin cups about half way up.
- Roll up turkey and cheese slices, placing one in the center of each muffin cup.
- Spray the tops of each well with a touch of cooking spray.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until done.
Consider an Italian version of this with turkey pepperoni and spaghetti sauce instead.